Apple iTunes

Talkin all things American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing With The Stars and other QUALITY Reality and Drama TV!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Predictions / Results

Last night was an interesting night wasn't it? A couple of breakthrough performances for me. One being Gina, and the other Phil. I have always been pulling for Gina, but always walked away a little dissappointed. After this performance though she can go home and really know she had an amazing moment...this moment. Not that Gina is going ANYWHERE tonight. As far as Phil goes, it is the first time I have EVER liked him, and I don't think it was the hat. BUT, I'm not sure! Either way, for me, he has earned himself another week.

As far as the front runners performances...

Melinda was spot on as always. There is something about her though, that keeps me from really getting behind her. Melinda will get a record contract regardless of where she ends up in this competition, but what kind of record will it be? She seems like such an old soul...I don't really see Pop? Even though the judges praise her on how she feels every word, I'd like to see her a little more vulnerable. She sometimes comes off a little too polished for this show. Lakisha I thought did better than the last couple of weeks. I'd like to see more of her personality as well. I didn't care for Jordin's song choice at all. It wasn't a song to showcase her voice. Those stylized songs rarely works well for idol contestants. I didn't care for her outfit either. Loved the boots and the earrings though! Blake was "ah-ight", as the Dawg would say. Nothing special. Blake does NOT have anywhere near the best voice in the competition, even among the guys. What he does have is an incredibly good sense of arrangement and how to perform a song.

That leaves Chris S, Chris R, Haley, Sanjaya. I keep waiting for a "Kiss from a Rose" performance from Chris S and keep not getting it. He comes across as the least polished performer of the bunch (excluding Sanjaya of course). I think his nerves and concerns about forgetting the words are causing him to always be a little ahead fo the band. He is in real danger. Too bad, because I think he has the best vocals of the guys. Chris R took my favorite No Doubt song and didn't quite butcher it, but nothing memorable. Haley, OK, but nothing real momorable either. It appears the hair stylist finally figured out Sanjaya's mohawk. He was supposed to have it last week. His vocals weren't THAT bad, but he still needs to go.

My Bottom 3:
SANJAYA, Chris S, Haley

Dial Idol Results:
Melinda Doolittle 19.23
Chris Richardson 15.93
Lakisha Jones 14.56
Sanjaya Malakar 14.00
Gina Glocksen 12.49
Phil Stacey 11.88
Blake Lewis 11.56
Jordin Sparks 9.10
Haley Scarnato 9.00
Chris Sligh 9.00

Dial Idol hasn't really been a strong indicater so far this year. Lets see how they do this week.

As a side, I thought Gwen Stefani did a great job! She came across as really sweet and likable. So different from her stage persona. Doesn't it seem like the mentors keep telling the guys (Blake, Chris S, Chris R) the same things? Their success has been dependent on who has been able to listen and incorporate the advice. They also have had nothing to offer Melinda, have seemed really surprised at Jordin's song selections, and surprised at Phil's vocals! Kinda funny. I love the coaches and am glad they seem to have them scheduled all season long.

No comments: